Books

Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Last Post - While in Russia

Things are closing up here for me. I got my backpack (with all of its internals still in place) for less than $5. I have done all my chocolate and tea shopping for this trip... I think. Tomorrow, I will go for (potentially) the last time to mall to wrap up my shopping.

Oh! I kinda forgot. I went a did a little touring over the weekend. We went to a mosque (Ben went to this "many moons ago"), to Victory Park, and a war museum (it focused on the Bashkir people's involvement in WWI and WWII), which is practically part of the park. Zukra* organized it all telling the museum that there was a US delegation - so we got a personal tour after hours. :) It was super interesting and (hopefully) I'll be able to put some picture up later of VP, the mosque, and outside the museum when I get home.



(Daniel is almost crawling
and has his first tooth showing. )
Ufa looks this a bit this way
both morning and evening -
that is, on clear days. :)
It is strange to me that I have almost been here for two months! I said goodbye to Craig, Lindsay, and Daniel today.





I am super excited to see my family and friends again. I am not excited to leave - who would be? "Content" is the only word I can think of; yet, "content" makes me think of something stationary and I am not stationary. I am content with the chapter of this book and look forward to the next. A good book will make you appreciate each chapter and give you the desire to keep reading.

I'm happy a lot of you understand what I'm thinking, 'cause it's awfully hard to put into writing!

Blessings on you all! Keep praying!
See you soon!
*Zukra - цукра

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more pictures! More excited to see the photographer! :) I agree that "content" sounds stationary and that it is very often something we discover when life is not stationary!
    Praying for safe travels! (P.S. Avalyn wants you to know that her pink link is getting close! That link is for the day you return!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun, Ray! Can't wait to see you back here in Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you were able to get your backpack, with everything in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a great job keeping up a blog, Rachie! I always enjoy all of the pictures you post! I'm already looking forward to getting together with you when you get back and catching up on lost time :P

    ReplyDelete