Books

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sundays

Well, Sunday mornings are very slow here. (Actually, in general, most "mornings" don't start till after 9:30am.) I Skype my family, while Amy and Jeremy Skype their parents.

Yes, it dawned bright and beautiful today - though it rained the rest of the day.
(I don't mind the rain that much - it was a real rain too!)
Today, after all the Skype sessions and a half feeding of the twins, Amy and I went to pick Craig, Lindsay, and Daniel up from Лента (Lenta - a grocery store).

In Russia, part of hosting is having food - lots. When we all arrived home, we ate cinnamon rolls, eggs, juice, and coffee made by Craig. :)

Daniel, Camilla, and Samuel

We then read and talked for a while, and, before we had completely finished, company had arrived. This family had just been to Crete and wanted to share their pictures with Craig and Lindsay, and Jeremy and Amy.

I got to work a little bit on my Russian words playing "Twister" with Samuel and their kids.

Names in Russia:
Samuel's name in Russian is pronounced "Sam-oil" (Сэмюэл)
My name, on a familiar basis, is "Raychka" (Рейчка)

So there you go - that's a somewhat "normal" Sunday for me. Hope your Sunday goes well with whatever you are doing.



 

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I hope you continue to have fun over there! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to get another update, I really like that you gave Samuel and your "Russian" names - maybe you could do that every post, pick two words and give the Russian pronunciation of them. :-)
    Love you bunches, Ra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em - I feel kinda badly about posting the words, 'cause all I do is look them up on google translate. :/

    ReplyDelete