Books

Monday, June 6, 2016

The Starlight Run

Rachel, Sarah, Lauren, Susanna, and Jonah
When we were younger - Dad was our distance running coach. We would start the year with "Running with the Wolves" and end the running year with "The Starlight Run". I'ts been years since I've run the starlight run (over 7 years ago). It was a unique race in that it was (1) at night, (2) in Portland, (3) right before the rose parade, and (4) always ended at Burgerville.


Sarah remembered that parking always took forever and then you had to walk a distance to the race (we sometimes parked up at the Rose Garden and walked down to the school). After we arrived in Portland, I think it took us about 30min to find parking. Since we had scheduled up to an hour to find parking, we had plenty of time to get to the race - though it didn't really feel like way too much time. :)
After the Race

We all finished and lived - though running in 95 degrees is tough. (I totally see why it was our last race of the running year.) This is such a fun group to run with - I get pushed yet can go my own pace . Running - it's just fun. What can I say?

I think this is my last race for the summer - I haven't signed up for anymore at this point. Next race that I know for certain to be doing is in October. Until then - good bye summer racing!


1 comment:

  1. Running in 90 degrees?! No thank you!
    Looks like you all had fun though. :)

    ReplyDelete