Books

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Adventures

I had just been commenting to Grace that I had nothing to do - I was slightly bored.... I was running upstairs to put my teapot away and didn't see a pane of glass sitting by my bookshelf. I love windows when they've been cleaned and have no streaks - you can see right through them so perfectly - such was this pane of glass (sorta) and, knocking my foot up against it, I knelt and yelled. Grace was quickly on her way upstairs and, stopping in the doorway - 
Grace: Well that should have been moved.
Me: Why is it here?
Grace: So that Grandma wouldn't trip on it.
Me: Oh.*
Grace: Oh - You're bleeding.
*I think I may have sounded slightly more panicked and a little in pain, but it all happened so quickly and it looked deep and... 

Grace was so calm - she tried to get my siblings to grab my phone so that we could get a picture and send it to mom to verify our next course of action. I started to cry - mainly 'cause I was shocked and a little scared; It's totally different seeing a cut on someone else and a cut on yourself, blood on someone else and blood on yourself. I think the kids all got that it wasn't just a scratch when I called for Emily and told Grace that I might need to go to Urgent Care and get stitches.

Six stitches and 30-45 minutes later, I was back home with my leg up sitting on the sofa having been dubbed "the Invalid" from that beautiful cartoon The Fox and the Hound.

So now you know. I can get my stitches out in 10-14 days. (If I wait 14 days, I'll get them out the day before I go to Leavenworth!)

3 comments:

  1. Ouch is right! I hope your foot heals quickly Rachel!!
    I know what stitches are like, not fun.
    Now you're really going to get bored! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really not bad - I'm completely mobile today! :)

      Delete