Books

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Seattle ~ Part Two

Monday morning came on the scene sooner than we wanted, but were happy to receive a Facetime Chat with Dad. I'm trying to remember what we did this day... Just got it - Zach and I left Tuesday, so all the other activities are for Monday.

We went to the normal hospital visit and then home to finish the delicious left-over pizza from the night before.

Google images
Mom and Dad had told me about a place called "Rachel's Ginger Beer". I wanted to go and check it out and
possibly purchase some. We had seen it the day before, so we made our way back and found it happily situated by Pike's Place. Mom and I both ended up purchasing some: hibiscus and original - they were delicious!

Zachary volunteered to carry the two bottles and then we headed off to the Seattle Space Needle and Chihuly Glass.













Personally, I thought we should do our next New Year's Day Ball in this area...
then again, the main reason is because of all the glass, we wouldn't be able to see outside anyway - maybe we should stay local. :)
Madeline and I on the Monorail
As we left Chihuly Glass, the rain and wind eventuated. Madeline started getting cold - especially since she brought a windbreaker and not a rain coat. When we were about 2 blocks away, Madeline and I ran the rest of the way to the hotel a bit chilly and ready for a warm dinner and something cozy to drink.

Zach and I on the train
Tuesday afternoon, Zachary and I jumped in a taxi and headed off to the train station to go back home. We had a good time - I loved that the train didn't follow the freeway and that we were by the river a lot. I discovered that walking in a train is difficult - more so than walking in an airplane. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment