Books

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The FairyTales

I think Sweden is the perfect setting for fairy tales. I find myself half looking for red mushrooms with white polka-dots and am shocked to find "regular" mushrooms.

You go mushroom hunting and find the blueberry forest. I have decided that if I go for a walk I must bring a bucket just in case to collect strawberries, blueberries, or mushrooms (if I get taught what is poisonous and what is not). And another beautiful thing I have really been appreciating is butterflies - they are everywhere. 

I went for a walk today and kinda got lost. I found out that I really do panic kinda easily when I'm away... in the woods... and no one knows where I am... oh well, I survived. I felt a little like Merida from Brave walking through the forest - it felt like I would walk upon a little cabin (I did, in fact, when I was lost) and meet either a witch or a bear or something fairy-tale-esque.
I will be posting my testimony here at some point. I've given it twice in two weeks and will be giving it in a week or two during a German teen camp - I guess it will either be translated or I am just gonna be super impressed (again) with how fluent people are in speaking/understanding a foreign language. Anyway, I realized that I haven't told many of you and it might be nice. Soooo - that's all for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment