Books

Monday, May 15, 2017

Car Problems for a Saturday

10:30ish - left my house and headed to work
10:40ish - turned onto major road
10:43ish - saw a truck turn left and another car pull up. I really hope that next car doesn't turn left - I'll hit him. Seeing the car slow down, I continued driving.
10:44ish - horn and BAM; the airbag.

So yes, I got in a car accident. After the horn, I briefly saw the car - but that was very quick. I opened my eyes and there was dust and an airbag. I didn't move - I didn't think I was hurt, but I was shocked. A guy #1 came and knocked on my window to ask if I was alright, I nodded my head and then tried to get out of my car. My door was kinda jammed, but guy #1 helped me get it open.
"Do you want to take your keys out?"
"That's probably a good idea."

I called work and parents to inform them (work so that they knew I wouldn't be going in, and parents obviously). The fire department showed up pretty quickly after that and made sure both the other driver and I were fine.
after 
I checked with them to make sure they didn't need me to give them anything.
"No, we're just here to block traffic and make sure everything is fine. Are you alright? Should we get the ambulance?"
"No - I think I'm fine."
"You seem very calm."
before
"My Dad is really close."
 I called Mom and Dad - happily they were only about 20 min away and came right over. Everyone was kind - no one was upset or angry. Neither of us was hurt badly. I have some bruises, scratches, and ache, but nothing major.

Looking at the pictures is very strange - I'm so shocked and blessed that neither of us needed to go to the hospital. I showed a co-worker the picture and she looked at me and said, "Rachel, you were being protected." That is so true. God protected me and the other driver. I am very thankful. I'm hoping I don't have another car experience even remotely similar to this. A crash AND a car getting towed in one day is quite enough. I'm praising God.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Rachel! So glad you and the other driver are both alright!
    God sure was watching over and protecting you in that crash! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't advise trying this at home. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness, that looks terrifying!
    So happy you are all alright!
    God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, God is so good. Praying that you and the other driver will heal from any injuries/aches quickly.
    So glad you are alright! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Megan and Celeste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That did not look fun! Glad you came out of it in one piece!:) Praise God!

    ReplyDelete