Books

Monday, July 18, 2016

Here Am I, Lord

This is one of my favorite prayers/hymns. Sometimes, we get excessively caught up in doing something "big" for God. But we forget that doing the little things excellently is doing great things. (I love the third stanza.)

This picture - it always makes me think of the word
Sonder
Lord, I give my life to you,
Take control each day.
I will follow anywhere - 
Near or far away.

Lord, I want Your perfect will.
Be my faithful Guide.
I will never be afraid,
You are close beside.

Let me see my mission field
All around each day.
Fill my hear with Jesus' love.
Use me Lord, I pray!

Here am I, Lord, send me.
Here am I, Lord, send me!
I will serve You faithfully -
Here am I, Lord, send me!

~Ron Hamilton

We woke up today on earth for a reason. Do you see your mission field with your family? Younger and older siblings - your interactions with them are a huge example. These interactions are fruit of who you are. Are you a thistle or are you a fruit full of nutrition?

Go - see your mission field and fulfill your ministry. 

3 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful post and I needed to hear it.

    -T.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tane Hannah - I love how God uses things that you are encouraged by to encourage others also!

      Delete
    2. SO great Rachel! Thanks for sharing. Love you!

      Delete