Books

Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday's Food: Watermelon carving

I won a watermelon at a Fourth of July party this year (before the 4th). When we decided to add watermelon as one of the dishes for the brunch/dinner, I decided I wanted to carve it. Pinterest is full of impressive carvings - being a "wanna-be-beginner" I searched for simple designs and found one:

This proved to be more difficult then it appeared - so here is my version. :)
credit
After making an even place for the watermelon to sit, I cut the top off and, with Madeline's help, emptied the watermelon of all it's delicious goodness.

Following the tutorial (from the photo credit), I used toothpicks and a cookie cutter to mark out the stars - the attempted three stars didn't work, so I switched to one star and then scratched out small stars in the back. :)

 When I was finished, this is what it looked like. Watermelon "carving" is fun and - well, I'm glad it's the beginning of the summer so that I can practice some more!



2 comments: