Books

Monday, May 9, 2016

Hanbok

This is what I styled mine after
I enjoy making things up - when I was younger, I really wanted to be able to make my own dress patterns. I enjoy finding things out and this time, there wasn't a pattern so it had to be made up.

A Hanbok is the traditional Korean dress. For my friend's birthday, I decided I would make her one.


There were three main aspects to this Hanbok. First, there was the actual dress and top making - there were basic patterns online that I based it off of. The skirt was a rectangle wrapped twice around the waist and down to the appropriate length. For the top, I altered a barbie top pattern.

The Second aspect was the silk ribbon embroidery. I really enjoy it - I've made 2 tablecloths decorating them with silk ribbon embroidery. The top was my favorite. :)






The Third aspect was that of the hair - hair has been one of my favorite things since I can remember. It was difficult to fix on a barbie - but tons of fun. It was also fun to look up all of the different styles and what they meant - child, young, unmarried, married, lady of the court, the queen only, etc. I really enjoyed it. :)

The head band was made from silk ribbon. I embroidered silk ribbon onto silk ribbon and then braided it into the hair.

Finally, she was ready.


3 comments:

  1. Great job Rachel! The outfit is so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very well done, Rachel :) Are you going to enter that in at the fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tiffany and Lynnae! I would like to enter at least one doll into the fair... I would like to enter possibly a little girl, too. :)

    ReplyDelete