Books

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Ladies' Bible Study

This blog post is about a week later than I wanted it to be. I thought about it last Monday and then I was "busy" so I didn't take time to write it out.

Ladies' Bible Study started last Monday; Kaytra opened with reading part of the introduction to Women of the Word and healthy conviction hit. (I realized that conviction doesn't have to bring tears - just a turn around.) It spoke on how we tend to approach Bible study with a focus on "me" instead of a, "What does this show me of God?" focus. It made me smile as I realized how easily we fall into this means I am... mindset. I was making a list of things God could do and we couldn't; however, I wrote what we couldn't do and not what God can do.

We had fun figuring out the meaning of words and what roots they possibly came from in English. Words like "revive" and "remorse". If they were both taken from French, their roots would be similar to vivre meaning "life" and mourir meaning "death". (Just so you know, "revive" and "remorse" are from Latin roots - at least we were in Romantic Languages...)

It's going to be a great year of learning. I'm enjoying finding out new things - Ruth almost seems small and a little insignificant (with the exception of her being in the lineage of Christ). But that could not be so as it is the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment