Books

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sun River

Last post was a stalling post, I admit. We had just gotten back from our church's Family Camp and I didn't want to blog about that yet (planning on that happening next week). But now we have just arrived back from our family vacation. I took over 100 photos on vacation, so you are just getting the best or my favorites. :) And now, here is my family vacation in a nutshell - ok, maybe 12. :)
some family member sleeping...



The sum of day one? Sleep and rest. Think of Pooh Bear "Sleep and eat then repeat" - it was gorgeous. Hence, there are not many pictures from that day. :) While in Sun River, we didn't really start doing anything till 9:30. One of the days we were there, I slept over 12 hours! :)

I won't give you a play by play for day by day on this vacation - it's a time of relaxation and just super awesome family time.
There are always two main attractions at Sun River:


#1 Doughnuts - same place. We've outlasted owners but by the end of our week of vacation, the new employees know who we are.
#2 SHARC - this water park is a new addition - well, in the last six years, but we've been going for 21. :)





Last year, we started a new "tradition" of meeting up with some of our friends who live in that area. They showed us how to rock climb this year. All nine of us kids gave it a go - I didn't go all the way up, my battle was just going. Even though I'm afraid of heights, I can't bear to not give it a go if other are having fun when doing it.

We're always sad to leave Sun River, but always refreshed and ready to return back home (where there is green grass. :)

I'm so grateful for my family and the time we have to just be together - when we're home it's so easy to get busy. It's kinda funny to hear yourself say, "Oh, man! I wish a spent more time with that family - oh wait! they are my family." I don't have the picture Dad took the last day Grandma, Grandpa, and Ben were there, so I just put these on instead - this is who drove home in the camery. :)
Favorite goofy pic
Crazy - love Grace's face


Kinda feel like this has some real personality to it. :)
Thanks for coming along - I think my next post is on Church Family Camp - it's hard to have so much good stuff all at the beginning of September! Probably my favorite two weeks ever! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, looks like you guys had your normal awesome time!! :) The pictures made me smile, and wish I could stop by and hear about it in person!! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I got part of you late birthday present there... ;)

      Delete