Books

Thursday, July 30, 2015

1860s Baseball Game

Megan and Madeline
Yes, it's been a while. It's hard sometimes to decide what to blog about and if you should wait to post something, and by that time, your youngest sisters are 10 years old! (Did I say that out-loud? Nope, just typed it, phew. :)

Anyway... Last Saturday Ben down to Madeline volunteered at Fort Vancouver for the 1860s baseball game - it's one of our(at least the girls) favorite events because we get to wear hoop skirts. :)

Hair preparation started the night before and ended with Madeline, Emily, and Grace having their heads covered with rags (and a partly watched Julie Andrews Cinderella). Megan's hair I did the next morning first thing and, since we didn't have to leave till 5, I figured it would have time to rest - I was right. :)

Bethany came over at 2:30 to get her hair put into rags, have some tea and cookies, and help me finish adding buttons and ribbons to hats. Three hours - actually, two and a half, but who was counting?
Tea time! 
Mrs. Pots on the left getting our tea ready. :)










We all did (amazingly) get out of the door by 5:00pm - hair done and yards of material donned.

One year, I was able to speak with the people from France - it didn't happen this year. :( 
It was such a beautiful day! The rain had made the day cooler and, personally, I love the colors in the sky after our beautiful rain! So needed and so very loved! :)

James actually played on the Sherman team and did a fantastic job. It was fun to actually know people playing the game - I think it makes it slightly more fun. :)

This is a photo Emily took of us for 4-H before the event, but since it's only missing two of us, I figured it would be good. (It was a little warmer that day - just a little lot!!)

I was hoping to find a picture of the whole group, but I didn't take a picture and there was nothing online - possibly my family took a picture, I just haven't gotten it yet - I think this little ditty will disappear soon. :)

Blogging is interesting - I could seriously do a post for the next two or three days and again next week as we'll be getting exhibits ready for the fair; however, that seems a little excessive, so I will possibly wait till next week or Saturday night to post again. :) Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. It was a VERY fun day, Rachel! Thank you again for the lovely hairstyle! :)

    ReplyDelete