Books

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Russia

Travels in a nutshell, I got to Russia - I figured that from the time I left home till being at the Savages, I traveled about - a long time. :)

outside my window
I arrived in Ufa, about 7:30pm local time (I think :) and arrived in Shamonona) later by 8:20. I'm in the cutest place ever!






Saturday was so much fun! They took me to Ufa and the famous "Salava Yulaev" - think of a Russian Robin Hood during Czarina Catherine the Great.





They took me to "Zvern" and had me have a delicious meal, similar to shishkabob, but Russian style. (Ben, Zvern is right across from the McDonalds you went to and about two doors down from where Jeremy teaches.)
Dinner was delicious!

 Three interesting facts:
1. Russia doesn't have daylight savings. They went on and haven't gone off. So, when you all have your daylight savings, I'll be 14hrs. ahead of you.
2. The sun doesn't set till after 8:30pm here.
3. It's tick season. They only come out for a couple weeks because soon it will be too cold for them. Oh, I hope it gets really cold really soon! :)

Well, I hope you have a fantastic day - I guess you all will go to bed before you have a fantastic day so... uhm...sleep tight? Don't let the tick bugs bite? :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Rachel! It looks like you are having a wonderful time and were given a lovely welcome! I hope you enjoy your time in Russia and are prepared to teach us how to pronounce all of those fun Russian words when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and post! Thanks, Sweetie! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go for posting! :) Thanks for the update! Can't wait to hear about it in person, though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how exciting, Rachel! Looks like you are going to have a wonderful time. We are all praying for you back here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. RAY!!! It looks amazing!! Praying for you, and so grateful for this blog. :) HUGS!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, Ray! It's been great seeing you over skype! Live you lots!

    ...yes, I remember that McDonalds...

    ReplyDelete