Books

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

March 13th


I thought I would share with you guys some of the craziness that happened with COVID-19 and how it progressed. Thankful for journals!

13/3/20
How can so much happen in an afternoon? Our weekly staff-meeting  was postponed till 4:00pm at
which point, Martin told us that Tauernhof would be closing down and, after our guests leave tomorrow, no one else would come and stay till Spring School. We had all guessed the season would end early, but not that early. 
Martin asked that those who could leave and return home do so this weekend because otherwise the borders might close. 
Kiki, Nathanael, Olly, and I will be the only volunteers here starting Monday. We will do the deep cleaning for Spring School this week and then we will be done. Then Kiki, Nathanael, and I will have 4 weeks here by ourselves. What a fabulous opportunity! To be honest, I'm nervous about how I'm gonna be spending my time. I need to write out a schedule and really try to keep it.
4 weeks - I wonder what habits and amazing book I'll be able to read! Heading to bed now. Not really working tomorrow, but we have a crazy week and emotional weekend so I'll probs be drained.
----
Kiki told me after staff meeting that we were gonna do a prayer walk as volunteers. Several of us were crying with shock of having to leave so suddenly. As we gathered waiting, Richard [Dahlstrom] walked up to our group and said, "Guys, I wanna remind you of  something that continually happens in the Bible. Order-Disorder-Reorder. The reorder is always, always better than the original."
Back: Florian, Nathanael, Elise, moi, Tony, Angela, Selina, Julia, Johann
Front: Mya, Kelsi, Kiki, Celeste


I hope that whatever is happening for you right now you'll remember what Richard said: Order. Disorder. Reorder. The reorder is always, always better than the original. Have a great week!

P.S. - I haven't been ignoring you if you've sent me text messages. I just don't have a phone number :)

3 comments: